This fraternal benefit provides two kinds of protection for an LCBA Benefit or Agency member or the spouse of the member. First, we guarantee that your newborn can be insured for up to $5,000, regardless of his or her health. The second protection is available when, and if, the most unfortunate thing happens…your newborn child dies. If this tragedy occurs, LCBA provides $2,500 to help cover expenses.
- At least one parent must be an LCBA Benefit of Agency member.
- Newborn must be/have been a live birth.
- $2,500 benefit provided if newborn dies less than 60 days after birth.
- Guaranteed coverage option must be requested and coverage must be in effect (applied and paid for) prior to the newborn’s 60th day of life.
- Guaranteed coverage is based on standard rates of permanent life insurance.
- Guaranteed coverage will not be issued until after the newborn has survived at least 16 days.
* The member parent, if living, must be insured at least 90 days before the birth of the infant; or if not living must have been insured at time of his or her death.