We hope it will never happen, but if your child is orphaned, he or
she will need financial support.
LCBA’s Orphan Benefit includes a monthly income program to help take care of
your child as he or she grows:
- A monthly income up to $100 will be paid to a qualified guardian for each
eligible child for care, maintenance and education.*
- The total maximum income for one family is $50,000 (this includes orphan
scholarships outlined below). If the maximum would be exceeded before the
youngest attains age 19, the monthly benefit may be adjusted accordingly by the
- One allowance is paid for each child, regardless of the number of
certificates on the lives of the parents or child.
- Income continues until age 18 and may be extended to age 21 if the child is
permanently disabled, physically or mentally.
*The monthly income program pays the premiums on an existing LCBA certificate
until your orphaned child either:
- Reaches age 19;
- Enters military service;
- Is legally adopted; or
- Receives Orphan’s Scholarship.